|February|| Again, we had members of the Kareela Probus Club present. It was a very enjoyable meeting, group members shared their lovely christmas/Holiday pictures for review. One that stuck in my mind is by Mike Rose of Princess Gracie and her older sister in the girl’s bedroom laughing and sharing girl secrets. Another lovely one was by Peter our webmaster, reflection in a big puddle in the Snowy Mountains. · Our next outing will be to the shire suburb of Woronora with a view of making boring objects interesting using composition skills and available light. Led by GabyM. · An Autumn colour outing has been decided. We will take off to Auburn Gardens details TBA. · No assignments have been set for March Our next meeting will be Tuesday 7 March 2017 10am Carpark Woronora, opp RSL Club With my Eyes GabyM photographs
Thank you and happy clicking
Please join our group, all levels of experience and all types of cameras (no phone cameras) are welcome
|March||Again, we had members of the Kareela Probus Club join us. We met at 10am at Woronora, our theme was making boring subjects look interesting. It is interesting what everyone discovers. Unfortunately, our outing was cut short as the rain set in · Tuesday 4th April - our next meeting will be at the Bowling Club at 9.30am We will be reviewing our pictures from our Woronora outing. · Wednesday 26th April - an Autumn colour outing has been decided. We will take off to Auburn Gardens, meet at the entrance at 10am. With my Eyes GabyM photographs Thank you and happy clicking Please join our group - all levels of experience and all types of cameras (no phone cameras) are welcome.|
|April||APRIL 2017.A few members were absent due to various reasons, but we had Kareela members that joined us again. We reviewed our photos from the Woronora River outing. It was amazing what members saw and how they portrayed a seemingly boring subject. I showed some photos I took at a recent night time photography course. We had a closer look at dropbox, a safe photo and document sharing website. PLEASE NOTE: Our Autumn colour outing to Auburn Gardens will be Monday 24th April, meet at the entrance at 10am Not as previously advertised 26th April as it classes with other club activities Announcement As part of our group’s activities we would like to offer Probus club members Free Pet Photography Please contact Gaby for more details Our next regular meeting will be Tuesday 2nd May 2017 9.30am at Bowling Club, Review of Auburn Photos, indoor photography practice With my Eyes GabyM photographs Thank you and happy clicking Please join our group - all levels of experience and all types of cameras (no phone cameras) are welcome|
|May||Due to ill health there is nil report for this month|
|June||May/June meetings and our outing to Auburn Gardens were cancelled particularly due to the fact that I had shingles and have been very ill. We will pick up activities again at our next meeting: Announcement As part of our group’s activities we would like to offer Probus club members Free Pet Photography details
Our next regular meeting will be Tuesday 4th July 2017 9.30am at Bowling Club, Indoor photography practice With my Eyes GabyM photographs Thank you and happy clicking Please join our group - all levels of experience and all types of cameras (no phone cameras) are welcome.
|July||Our group met again on the first Tuesday of the month and again we had members from the Kareela Club joining us. It was a constructive meeting, firstly we viewed our assignment photos: Patterns, which was very interesting. Just amazing when you start to look around the array of patterns you see everywhere.
|August||1. Our August Field Day was a quiet but very enjoyable day. Apologies were plenty with people being away, sick etc.
So, Bede and I set off to the Helensburgh tunnel. We had sensational weather and spent some time there and we were amazed how wet it still was even though there had been no rain at all. Our cameras got a good workout. We also discovered another much shorter tunnel.
We then went into Helensburgh and lunch at a little Bakery. From there we took the Temple road back to the Highway but not without stopping at the Temple for more photos.
2. For our September meeting we will be here at the Club usual time 9.30am
From September on our meetings will be on the first Wednesday of every month. I believe there are a number of Kareela Probus club members who would like to join us, however the Tuesday is not possible due to their own events.
3. We will be starting to collect some of our photos for the 2018 calendar we have mentioned in the past.
The calendar cost is normally $25 but the more we order the cheaper the unit cost will be. They would also make a perfect gift for friends and family.
Please ring me or email me with your order, a $10 deposit must be paid.
Our next regular meeting will be Wednesday 6th September 2017
at the Engadine Bowlo, 9.30am
Assignment: Reflections, please bring your photos for viewing
|September|| Photography makes people see
1. For our September meeting we were at the Club reviewing our assignment photos - Reflections - which was very interesting. Bede showed some incredible photos which he artistically enhanced during post processing.
2. We discussed the production of our group calendar and decided that a list will be placed at the tours and outings table for anyone to put their name down. Sample only >>>>>>
A calendar will make a fabulous Christmas present for family members and friends
Please pay $10 deposit at the time of signing up. If the production of the calendar does not proceed your deposit will be refunded.
3. Group members will submit their photos for the calendar in time for November production.
Our next outing will be Friday 6th October - Woronora Cemetery10
Meet at 10am in front of admin building
|October|| Photography makes people see
1. This month we met at the Woronora Cemetery for a field day. Some new people from the Kareela Probus club joined. We did not walk very far, there were many questions and trial photos. It was enjoyable and interesting. 2. A sheet is placed on the table with Anne if you would like to purchase a calendar please put your details down. A $10 deposit is payable at the November meeting, correct money in envelopes please. Sample only >>>> >
3. A calendar will make a fabulous Christmas present for family members and friends If the production of the calendar does not proceed your deposit will be refunded. 4. Group members will submit their photos for the calendar in time for November production.
Our next outing will be Wednesday 8th November – Bowling Club Meet at 10am
|November||1. November meeting was cancelled at short notice due to lack of numbers.
2. As the calendar idea did not attract much attention, I will gather photos from this year and speak to Peter our webmaster to have a little show and tell on the home page if that is possible.
3. No meeting will be held in January, our first 2018 meeting will be Wednesday 7th February 2018 at the Bowlo at 10am, and from what I can gather there might be a few new faces.
Please join our group, all levels of experience and all types of cameras (no phone cameras) are welcome. Our next outing will be Wednesday 6th December at Audley RNP Meet at 10am in the carpark